Wednesday 30 January 2019

Simple box making- four different boxes, one set of measurements - 1 of 4 with Stampin' Up! products


I often get asked about how to make bags and boxes. So I thought I would do a little mini series. I have four projects using the same vertical measurements. The only thing that changes is the size of the paper and the horizontal score lines. 
Our first project is the elegant monochrome bag.  



I am using the gorgeous  Botanical Butterfly's paper. This a Sale-A-Bration freebie with a £45 spend. I cut it down to measure 8 1/4 inch by 12 inch. on the 12 inch side I scored at 2 1/4, 5 1/2, 7 3/4 and 11 inch. On the 11 1/2 inch side I made one score 1 1/2 to create the base of the box. 

To decorate the bag I used the Butterfly Gala stamp set and punch. I punched the butterfly straight from the paper and curled its wings with my bone folder to give it dimension. I stamped the sentiment and punched it out with the 2 inch circle punch, backing it with the black foil sheet using the starburst punch. I finished it off with the glittered organdy ribbon and some rhinestones.

The finished bag measures 3 1/4 by 2 1/4 and stands at 6 3/4 inch high. 

I will be back next Thursday with the box 2 of 4. You can find my tutorial for this project by clicking here. 


All the products I have used today are available in my online store. click here to take a look.

Thank you for stopping by.
Craft your best life!
Sam x




No comments:

Post a Comment