Wednesday 6 March 2019

Simple box making 2- four different boxes, one set of measurements - with Stampin' Up! products

Hi everyone
Today I am bringing you box 2 of the simple box making.
I am making 4 different boxes using one set of measurements. 





 For this box I have used the Happiness Blooms Suite from the Spring & Summer Catalogue. This is a fun bold suite with vibrant colours, I just love it! This box would be great for Mothers Day or any gift for a friend. 

I started with a sheet of International A4 cardstock in calypso Coral, using the same measurements as last time. So on the long side I scored at 2 1/4, 5 1/2, 7 3/4 and 11 inch. On the short side I scored at 1 1/2, then turned the cardstock and scored at 1 1/2 again. The box can close at both ends, so its ideal to make in bulk as it folds flat. 

To decorate the box I used the Happiness Blooms designer series paper. You can get all you need from a half sheet. The two larger pieces are 5 inch by 3 inch and the two smaller pieces are 5 inch by 2 inch. With the scrap left over I punched out three of the smaller flowers with the coordinating bitty blooms punch.

To decorate, I punched a 2 1/4 in circle in pineapple punch cardstock. For the sentiment, that comes from the Strong and Beautiful stamp set, I used the starburst punch. I popped the flowers on top and finished it off with some Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots in pineapple punch. The finished dimensions are 5 1/4 by 3 1/4 and 2 1/4 deep. So its a good sized box to fill with treats.

I hope you enjoyed the make. The video tutorial is over on my YouTube channel.






Craft your best life!
Sam x





No comments:

Post a Comment